History of the estate


1712 
The Banker Charles Lecointe acquires some land and a rural building from the heirs of Jacques Gautier.

1811  
The banker Jean Ador, grandfather of Gustave Ador, future President of the Swiss Confederation, purchases the estate for his wife Adrienne Jeanne Dassier, great-granddaughter of the medallist Jean Dassier. The courtyard is created and the outbuildings are converted into stables. Trails are created in the park.

1859
The estate is divided: Amélie-Françoise Ador, wife of Elie Alexandre Périer of Rolle, inherits the west half.

1860-1862 
The Genevan architect Samuel Darier is assigned to renovate the estate: to enlarge the main house and remodel its interior; to consolidate the façade by creating a terrace; to decorate with faux painting; and to create an enclosed garden, with a greenhouse and an orangery and pools with water jets.

1898  
Charles Brot acquires the estate.

1916  
Paul des Gouttes, lawyer and member of the International Committee of the Red Cross, acquires the estate, which he names “La Chandoleine.”

1950
The German Baron Kurd von Hardt purchases the estate. The stables are converted into a neoclassical-style building that houses the academic library.

2004 
Renovation works begin on the Foundation buildings.

2007
The estate is listed on the Genevan registry of buildings worthy of protection.

2008  
Restoration of the orangery and the greenhouse.

2011
Designing of trails in the park.